Reading Comprehension & nT – December 2011
Reading Aloud – Riding the Sound Waves to Success
Did you know that netTrekker offers text-to-speech support for all of the content and information in our interface? How does adding auditory support to text-based information benefit learners? The benefits of bringing flat, text-based content to life for learners are numerous…
- Personalize a student’s experience by converting text to speech to increase comprehension – give them the independence and choice for when to seek assistance with material using the read aloud tool.
- Improve the skills associated with reading, predicting, writing, speaking and listening.
- Increase vocabulary by letting students listen to material well above their reading level.
- Develop imagination, foster curiosity and increase attention span with read aloud.
- Increase a student’s ability to maintain sustained silent reading.
- Engage students – listening to information being read aloud is fun! Leverage the power of a tool that is fun and works like a super booster to literacy at the same time with netTrekker’s Read Aloud.
netTrekker Global Portfolio
Check out some of the great ideas for using Read Aloud with resources in our Global Portfolio collection. Be sure to hover over the item to see the description of how to use the Read Aloud tool most effectively and what settings to pick – launch the resource and turn on the Read Aloud tool and highlight text on the page to begin.
Connect With Us!
How can the Read Aloud function in netTrekker help you reach more of your literacy objectives with your students? Are there specific students that you see this tool being more useful for than others? Join us on Facebook for the conversation! Share your thoughts on our Facebook wall!