On Monday, July 18th, we made some exciting changes to netTrekker’s Admin Tools to help you better manage your netTrekker subscription and users throughout your organization.
Previously, netTrekker Administrators had to move their usernames from school to school in their Profiles, then go to the Admin Tools to view or use those tools for each individual school. We have now embedded the ability to administer netTrekker for each school in your organization right in the Admin Tools without moving your username.
How Does This Change Impact Your Admin Tools
- Administrators can set teacher codes for multiple organizations at one time.
- Administrators can manage registration keys for multiple organizations at one time.
- Administrators can now extend Registration Keys at any time, before or after they expire. Important: You will need to review your Registration Keys and extend any that are set to expire for the coming school year.
- Users from multiple schools within the organization can be moved to different schools either individually or in groups at one time and in one place.
- For the first time, district and regional administrators can see a total count of all their users by type.
- Pre-formatted usage reports in CSV and PDF formats that are summarized based on district and regional administrator’s needs are now available (for example: by site for the whole district or region).
- Administrators can apply subscription settings to multiple schools within their organization at one time.
- As an Admin, you have a special mailbox for messages related to the actions you take in the User Management tool.
- You will receive messages when usernames are bulk loaded into the system and when you move multiple usernames from one organization to another.
- You will find links to My Messages in two places on any netTrekker page, at the top of the page next to your user name and organization, and in the My Account widget.
Other Admin Tools Updates
- For those districts that are a part of a Region, Co-op, or similar large entity, you will also find a new Region Portfolio in My Portfolio. Users in these organizations can now share folders across schools, districts, and throughout the larger organization.
- New in-product Help has been added to all of the Admin Tools and will be accessible on each tool page as well, just look for the small orange question mark.
If you have any questions or concerns about these changes, please call account manager and they would be happy to show you a preview of the changes or explain any of them in more detail. Click here to locate your account manager.
These new netTrekker enhancements will be effective August 1, 2009. Feedback from our netTrekker subscribers continues to be very valuable in guiding our product development team as they work to make netTrekker even better for our students and teachers.
The process to register a NEW netTrekker username and password will change.
• Users will be required to enter a Registration Key during the registration process to make it simpler to connect the user to his or her specific school. No more searching for the correct school from a long drop down list – the Registration Key will automatically associate the user with the proper school.
• Current usernames and passwords will continue to work, and this change will not affect users who access netTrekker via IP authentication (unless they want to register for an individual account) or portal authentication.
netTrekker Administrators will need to login to your netTrekker Admin Account and generate a Registration Key for each subscribing school, and communicate to your new users.
• The Registration Key for each school will be valid for 1 year and can be reactivated, or a new Registration Key can be generated.
• The Registration Key for each school will need to be shared with your staff so that new teachers and new students can register and being using netTrekker. The template is included when the Registration Key is generated.
Look for additional information about these and other netTrekker enhancements and links to video tutorials about the new Registration Key from the See What’s New icon (coming 8/1) on the netTrekker login page and netTrekker.com.
As always, if you have any questions about any of these changes, please contact your Customer Relationship Specialist at 877-517-1125.