This site is the companion to a new PBS documentary which will first air on May 16. Through the site, students can experience the amazing stories of the Freedom Riders who challenged segregation in the American South in 1961. Learn about the original rides through interactive maps that show key locations and events, the people involved, and the issues that fueled the movement. Don’t miss the Section on the 2011 Student Freedom Ride which will mirror the first Freedom Ride in May of 1961. You will be able to follow this new journey and learn what these current students experience along the way.
Are you heading to Denver for the ISTE conference June 27th – 30th? If so, we know that your time there will be jam-packed with workshops and time spent in the exhibit hall exploring all the latest and greatest in educational technology. We hope you’ll take some time to visit the netTrekker booth #884 to explore new ways that netTrekker can help you personalize learning for your students.
A few of our ISTE highlights include:
- An exploration game that will help you learn more about netTrekker and give you a chance to win an Apple iPad!
- Sneak previews of the new enhancements coming in netTrekker Search for Back-to-School 2010! Learn how the new enhancements support an even more personalized, productive, and engaging learning experience.
- A full schedule of workshops presented by netTrekker subscribers that let you explore netTrekker’s advanced features, hear best practices, get integration tips and strategies, and more.
- Demos of the new NSTA Learning Center online science professional development content available in netTrekker.
- Visit our ISTE page for more details and check out our full workshop schedule.
If you’re unable to attend ISTE this year, stay tuned in netTrekker Village for some post-conference highlights.
We’re looking forward to seeing you in Denver at the netTrekker booth #884!
What are you looking forward to most at this year’s ISTE conference?